Customer Operations Specialist
About the team
As the Customer Operations Specialist you’d be working in a small but growing team, focusing primarily on solving customer problems. You will report to the Operations Manager and work alongside the co-founders to build Amber’s ambitious vision. You’ll be learning a great deal about how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers, and as your experience grows you’ll take on more responsibility within your team and work in small teams to drive improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
Customer Operations Specialist Responsibilities
- Solving customers problems - both in an adhoc fashion for specific problems over the phone, email and on chat, as well as assisting in the designing and implementing of process optimisation to improve the customer experience.
- Working closely with our electricity retail partner to help solve customer problems and deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Working with multiple technology teams (including an external billing system and an internal development team) to ensure we are building systems that work for customers, and not expecting our customers to work for our systems.
- Being the voice of the customer internally - keeping the organisation focused on delivering the most important things that matter to our customers.
- Take initiative to suggest ideas on how to improve and streamline internal processes.
At Amber, we want to hire self-starters who are eager to learn, and are comfortable working in a changing environment. Some of the key traits we are looking for in this role:
- You’re a people person - you love both working with people and helping people
- You’re a problem-solver - you embrace challenges, think on your feet and work strategically to find solutions
- You’re empathetic - you care and want to understand customers problems
- You’re a fast learner - you love understanding how things work and why and look for ways to improve
- You’re persistent - you will be working in a fast paced and changing environment and work well in difficult situations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid base of IT competence with experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideal, but not required:
- Experience working in fast-paced organisations
- Experience in energy sector or in customer support
- Passion for technology, energy or the environment
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangement
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Carbon.so)
What we believe a great team looks like
How to Apply
Please submit both your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For bonus points, demonstrate your fine attention to detail by mentioning the name of the firm we use to offset employee emissions in your cover letter.