Energy Consultant (Sales & Customer Experience)
About the team
As an Energy Consultant (Sales & Customer Experience) you’ll be working as part of the marketing team to enthusiastically handle inbound inquiries from prospective customers who are wanting to join Amber’s smart energy revolution. As your experience grows you’ll take on more responsibility within your role as the founding member of Amber’s team of energy consultants.
This is a full-time role. Though we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this role will eventually be based in our Melbourne CBD office.
- Answer inbound inquiries from prospective customers via phone, email, chat, and social media, informing them about our unique product and wholesale pricing.
- Surprise and delight prospective customers with outstanding service.
- Improve processes and create guides and SOPs to make responding to inbound inquiries more effective and efficient.
- Perform bill comparisons and help prospective customers understand whether they’ll be better off with Amber.
- Build a movement by championing Amber’s mission to accelerate Australia’s transition to 100% renewables.
- Automate high-quality responses to frequently asked questions.
- Report back to the Marketing team on key themes, observations, and insights related to inbound inquiries.
- You love interacting with people over the phone and in writing - the idea of doing this all day energises you.
- You’re passionate about getting Australia to 100% renewables and tackling climate change.
- You’re willing to learn about the nuts and bolts of the retail energy industry.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong computer and web skills, with experience using customer service platforms like Zendesk a plus.
- You’re always on the lookout for ways to improve and streamline processes.
- You’re able to work autonomously as the first full-time member of our inbound sales team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid base of IT competence
Ideal, but not required:
- Experience in energy sector
- Experience in sales or customer support
- Prior experience with Zendesk
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangement
We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Carbon.so)
What we believe a great team looks like
How to Apply
Please submit both your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please add your full name and the role you're applying for in the subject line of your email i.e John Doe - Energy Consultant (Sales & Customer Experience).
Your cover letter should include a response to the following question: Why do you think you'd be a good fit at Amber?
For bonus points, demonstrate your fine attention to detail by mentioning the name of the firm we use to offset employee emissions in your cover letter.
Applications close 18th September 2020.